Sunday, August 7, 2011

thE EPIC TundRa PoEm COLLecTIon

Thanks to the best bunch of Earthwatch teens. Your help was immeasurable and your search for knowledge on the tundra amazing. Thanks for all. Here is a small sampling of the epic tundra poem collection.


TUNDRA NAPS
When you hike out on the green
Everything has an irresistible sheen
Your eyes can’t pull away
growing ever upwards,
not to be stopped;

with a break in the clouds,
a rest is allowed
in the emerald expanse:
lie back, let your lids slowly shut…
drift away on the wind.

Impossibility
Doesn’t exist here. Period.
if You were to look
defiance is all that can
exist.

And the best of all -> the TUNDRA RAP

DUH TUNDRUH
Yo Yo Yo, my name is Amanda.
Today we saw a polar bear, not a panda.

Yo Yo Yo, my name is Matt.
I strut the tundra in my red hat.

Yo Yo Yo, my name is Cecilia.
I burst my eardrum on the “aerolinía”.

Yo Yo Yo, my name is Carolyn.
I be slappin’ dem mosquitoes, whilst holdin’ tha water bin.

Yo Yo Yo, my name is Paige.
I protect my kids with my 12 Gauge.

Yo Yo Yo, my name is Marianne.
I get down in the mud with my beetle pan.

Yo Yo Yo, my name is Kat.
I like nature, take a look at my tat.

Yo Yo Yo, my name is Fishbee,
I carry a gun so you best not diss me.

Yo Yo Yo, my name is Dr. Cash.
Look at my face, I don’t got a ‘stache.

Yo Yo Yo, my name is Dora.
.....

No comments:

Post a Comment